The Bukit View Secondary School (BVSS) Volleyball team is dedicated to fostering a culture that provides our athletes the technical, tactical, mental and physical training necessary to help them reach their highest potential on the court, as both individuals and team players. We stress the importance of self-discipline, positive relationships between athletes and coach, and individual goals and aspirations.
There are two divisions comprising nearly 45 players altogether. Training occurs 2 times a week throughout the year to prepare us for various competitions, such as the yearly West Zone Inter-school tournaments, Under 14 National Competitions organized by the Volleyball Association of Singapore.
We have many activities that allow the players opportunities to improve on their skills on court. Trainings can be tough and tiring, but it definitely is rewarding when the efforts put in do result in good performance during competitions.
The senior girls are also given opportunities to develop their leadership skills by organizing activities such as Volleyball Camp and team-building activities
Developing character through the pursuit of excellence
To create and maintain an environment that develops character and promotes leadership, responsibility and accountability among all Volleyball members.
Through these rigorous trainings, the girls are taught the importance of perseverance and teamwork, dedication and commitment, skills necessary for success both on the court and in life.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR
- Girls C division in west zone for National Inter-School Volleyball Championship 2018
- Girls B division in west zone for National Inter-School Volleyball Championship 2018
- Other school activities; Annual Combined Sports Camp / Values in Action (Newspaper Collection/ BVSS Blood Donation Drive)
- Bonding activities and welcome-cum-farewell parties for our new Secondary 1 members and graduating students are also organized.
- Wong Xue Qi (Captain) has won the Sportsmanship Award in Singapore Volleyball Championship 2018.
CCA TRAINING DAY(S)/ TIME
|Wednesday||2:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Friday||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|Miss Chua Mei Qi||Mrs Susan Pang|
|Mrs Loh-Lee Ai Lian|
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|Captain||WONG XUE QI||3 N1|
|Vice-Captain||FION PHUA||3 E1|
|C Div’Captain||KISLER LIM ZHI YAN||2 E2|
|Vice-Secretary||LIM XUE RONG||3 E1|
|Secretary||LIN JIAMIN||3 E2|