Direct School Admission (DSA)
Information on 2019 Direct School Admission (DSA) to Bukit View Secondary School
(For admission to Sec One in 2020)
The DSA-Sec Exercise was introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004. It seeks to promote holistic education and provide students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to a secondary school.
When choosing a secondary school, parents are encouraged to consider the student’s aptitudes and strengths, the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area(s) of talent.
Bukit View Secondary School (BVSS) DSA Exercise 2019 invites students in Primary 6 in 2019 with exceptional leadership, talents and/or interest in the following talent areas:
to apply for direct entry to the Secondary 1 cohort of 2020.
Do leave your contact details here. In the event that the school holds a DSA information talk, we would be able to contact you.
Admission Criteria for DSA – Sec
Applicants for DSA in any of the talent areas should:
- currently be in P6 or equivalent (for overseas students)
- demonstrate keen interest and commitment to talent area/s you are applying for
- hold leadership role in the talent area/s (example, Environmental Ambassador/ Champion, Cyberwellness Ambassador, President of Prefect Board, etc ) or
- have participated in talent area/s related Competition or Project at school, Cluster or National level.
Application Procedure and information
- From 2019, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 8 May to 4 Jun 2019. For more details, please refer to MOE website – https://beta.moe.gov.sg/dsa/
- The closing date and time of submission is 4 June 2019 at 3pm.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.
- The school’s decision on the offer is final. All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (confirmed / waiting list / not successful) by 30 August 2019.
- For further enquiries, please contact Mr Heng Chong Yong at 6560 5807 or email email@example.com.
Schedule for 2018 DSA Exercise
|Process||Date / Time|
|Application opens||8 May 2019, 9 am|
|Submission of application||By 4 June 2019, 3pm|
|Interview session||12 July 2019, 2 pm – 5 pm
26 July 2019, 2 pm – 5pm
|Notification of outcome of application||30 August 2019|