In Bukit View Secondary School, Badminton Club was established about ten years ago. From a small club with only about 10 members, it has been gaining from strength to strength. Currently, we have a total of more than 60 badminton members.
In line with our school emphasis on Positive Education, the main aim of our club is to inculcate positive purpose in students. We would like the spirit of sportsmanship and zest to be internalized among the students. Our training is tailored to cater to the students’ well-being so that they value the positive engagement with their teammates and coaches during the practice sessions. Through coaching session, Badminton Club promotes the awareness of good health and positive emotion during workout and physical activities.
This club would not be complete if without positive accomplishment. As such, in 2018, our CCA had achieved a major breakthrough in the National Inter-School Badminton Championship. Our B Division players overcame the odds to reach the second round to become the eventual one of the Top 8 schools in West Zone of the championship. We hope the spirit and the legacy of this club will continue so as to serve and nurture all our Bukit Viewans to be engaged learners, empathetic citizens and ethical advocates.
- Inculcate compassion, integrity, perseverance, respect and responsibility among the members.
- Instruct and train our students with the skills and techniques of playing badminton.
- Create the awareness about the importance of having physical activities in daily life.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR
- Every training begins with physical session which includes stretching, push-up and agility training. Subsequently, coaches will train the students with strokes, drop shot, net play and so on. Training is tailored to each student based on their needs and understanding.
- Our training is divided into the senior division and the junior division. The seniors have their training every Friday while the juniors have theirs on Wednesday. The students are very enthusiastic about the sport. They are actively engaged during training. The culture of playing badminton is evident in Bukit View Secondary School as many students will play badminton in open areas of the school. Our goals is to inculcate the school’s values into this sport while engaging the students in meaningful and healthy activities for their all-round development.
- Boys B division in west zone for National Inter-School Badminton Championship 2021
- Top 8 in West Zone for the National Inter-School Badminton Championship 2018
– B division boys (Qualify for second round)
CCA TRAINING DAY(S)/ TIME
|Wednesday||2 : 30 pm – 4: 30 pm|
|Friday||1 : 00 pm – 3: 00 pm|
|Mr Jonathan Cheah||Ms Tan Jee Niang|
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|Captain (B Division)||Boo Yuan Sheng||4B|
|Vice-Chairperson (B Division)||Matthew Yeo Sui Li||4B|