|Mrs Irni Prasad (HOD Maths)||Ms Illya Nafiza (LH Maths)|
|Mrs Kelly Chew (ST Math)||Mr Alexander Chia (SSD)|
|Mdm Noor Aisyah||Mr Chang Chu Hua|
|Mrs Gan Wan Yi||Mr Khoo Jun Yee Kenneth|
|Ms Kumutha Maniam||Ms Lee Poh Tin|
|Mrs Leong Wee Choo||Mr Liu Sijian|
|Mr Low Chee Wah||Ms Puranadharshini|
|Mr Tan Chong Han||Mr Tan Chong Soo|
|Principles of Accounts (POA)|
|Mdm Quek Eng Chiew||Mrs Loh-Lee Ai Lian|
The Mathematics curriculum is designed:
- To instill confidence and develop self-directed learner in every Bukit Viewan,
- To develop problem-solving disposition, ICT and process skills and apply these skills to
formulate and solve problems,
- To acquire critical thinking and reasoning skills in order to communicate the mathematical
language and for application to real world context,
- To make sense of the disciplinarity of Mathematics and see connections,
- To instill the love for Mathematics.
The Department provide opportunities for students to develop critical thinking and problem solving disposition and the applications to the real world.
- Learning Experiences (LEs)
- Maths Modelling (MM)
- ICT Infused Lessons
- Computational Thinking
- Google Classroom using Chromebooks
- Accelerated Creative E-Learning (ACE) System (e-learning portal)
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Disposition
We gear our students to be problem solvers by providing opportunities for them to stretch their
minds and to develop high level of confidence.
- Singapore Mathematics Olympiad (SMO) Competition and preparatory training
- Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC)
- All Singapore Mathematics Competition for Normal Course
In order to prepare our students for examinations, our teachers plan and prepares progressive learning tasks, timely revision and pre-emptive measures.
- Target Setting to drive our students towards their goals
- Revision Packages for O Level and N Level students for practice
- Accelerated Creative E-Learning (ACE) System (e-learning portal) provide progressive mastery learning, e-learning videos and quizzes, and examination summary notes.
- Exposure to real-world context questions
- Math Modelling
- Students experience collaborative learning in working out real world problems.
The Department has embarked on a 4 year Design Experiment journey, in collaboration with a team of NIE-MME lecturers. Through Lesson Study, teachers and students experience innovative strategies to engage learning in the classroom.
The AlgeCards is a set of manipulative developed from a Lesson Study project by the department in collaboration with Assistant Professor Dr Leong Yew Hoong from NIE-MME in 2009. It has been used school-wide in the teaching of algebraic concepts.
Through this project, the department has developed ready-made lesson packages customised to our students’ learning needs. Our teachers experience enriched continuous learning through this collaboration; designing engaging and effective lessons for our students.
|SINGAPORE AND ASIAN SCHOOLS MATH OLYMPIAD (SASMO)|
|Bronze||Er Song Kai||2E3|
|Silver||Kim Eo Jin||2E3|
|Silver||Yeo Swe Hon||2E1|
|Gold||Sherman Chann Zhi Shen||3E1|
|SINGAPORE MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD|
|Honourable mention||Kim Eo Jin||2E3|
|Honourable mention||Zane Chua||2E1|
|Honourable mention||Sherman Chann||3E1|
|AUSTRALIAN MATHEMATICS COMPETITIION (AMC)|
|Credit||Zi Jing Ting||1E3|
|Credit||Tang Cheng Heng||1E3|
|Credit||Muhammad Nur Afiq Muhammad||1E3|
|Credit||Tan Yung Zhen||3E1|
|Credit||Vanessa Chan Jia Yi||3E1|
|Credit||Ng Yun Xiang||3E2|
|Distinction||Shermann Chann Zhi Shen||3E1|
|ALL SINGAPORE SECONDARY MATHEMATICS COMPETITION FOR NORMAL COURSE STUDENTS|
|20th position||Abdul Wafiy B Ramlan||3T1|
- Moving towards a culture of sharing, four of our teachers conducted a teacher-led workshop on ‘CONCRETE PICTORIAL ABSTRACT (C-P-A) APPROACH IN ALGEBRA’ at Academy of Singapore Teachers (AST) in March 2017.
Ms Nur Illya, Ms Kumutha, Mdm Thilagam, With Mrs Kelly Chew
- The Department also shared on their ICT-infused lesson strategies using DESMOS during the Cluster ICT Seminar in July 2017.
Mrs Irni Prasad, Mr Liu Sijian, Mr Kenneth Khoo
- With the introduction of Chromebooks for all Secondary One students In collaboration with Yusof Ishak Secondary School, Mdm Thilagam conducted a sharing on ‘Estimations and Approximations’ using Google Classroom.
- In September 2016, the Mathematics Department organized our 2nd Secondary Mathematics. A total of 120 teachers from over 30 schools participated in the rich sharing of our project in collaboration with NIE-MME.
Principles of Accounts
Goals & Objective
To enable students to:
• acquire knowledge and understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and prodecures in the context of business aims and activities;
• develop skills in preparing and analysing accouting information;
• develop an understanding of the role of accounting in providing an information system for monitoring and decision making;
• develop skills of numeracy, communication, inquiry and presentation;
• develop attitudes of accuracy, orderliness and logical thought and an appreciation of professional ethics.
• Role of Accounting; Accounting Elements; Double-entry System of Recording
• Trial Balance; Trading Account & Profit and Loss Account; Balance Sheet;
• Cash Book; Bank Reconciliation;
• Source Documents; Journals; Control Accounts;
• Final-Day Adjustments – Accruals & Prepayments; Correction of Errors; Bad Debts; Provision for Doubtful Debts; Provision for Depreciaiton; Stock Valuation
• Final accounts of Sole Trader & Partnership;
• Amalgamation of Business
• Incomplete Records
1. Millenia Institute – Principles of Accounting at GCE ‘A’ Level
2. Polytechnics Courses available
- Accounting & Finance
- Business Studies
- Banking & Financial Services
- Business Information Technology
3. LCCI & ACCA
• Accounting and Auditing
• Business Finance & Banking
• Financial Investment
• Tax Accounting
Enrichment Programs & Achievements
NYP-ACCA Accounting Fest 2017
Tax Accounting Fest is an annual accounting competition jointly organized by Nanyang Polytechnic- School of Business Management (NYP) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). The objectives of this competition are to enhance awareness of the accountancyprofession and to give secondary school students an opportunity to experience first-hand application concepts and its relevance in both business and everyday activities.