Direct School Admission (DSA)
Information on 2018 Direct School Admission (DSA) to Bukit View Secondary School
(For admission to Sec One in 2019)
The DSA-Sec Exercise was introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004. It seeks to promote holistic education and provide students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to a secondary school.
Bukit View Secondary School (BVSS) DSA Exercise 2018 invites students in Primary 6 in 2018 with exceptional leadership, talents and interest in the following talent areas:
to apply for direct entry to the Secondary 1 cohort of 2019.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Admission Criteria for DSA – Sec
Applicants for DSA in any of the talent areas should:
- currently be in P6 or equivalent (for overseas students)
- demonstrate keen interest and commitment to talent area/s you are applying for
- hold leadership role in the talent area/s (example, Environmental Ambassador/ Champion, Cyberwellness Ambassador, President of Prefect Board, etc ) or
- have participated in talent area/s related Competition or Project at school, Cluster or National level.
Application Procedure and information
- Download DSA Application Form
- Candidates (non-mainstream) and Returning Singaporeans (SC/SPR) who are currently not studying in MOE schools, are required to obtain a registration number from MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC).
- Submit the completed application form, together with supporting documents in person to the following address:
Bukit View Secondary School
16 Bukit Batok Street 21
Attention: Direct School Admission Application
- Applicants are to submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Copies of primary 5 results and 6 (Mid-year) result
- Teachers’ reference letter (optional)
- Other relevant documents as follow:
- Copies of CCA records, CIP records, etc to show participation in talent-related activities and community involvement.
- Copies of relevant supporting documents of achievements/awards and evidence in talent-related programmes, if applicable.
- The closing date and time of submission is 2 July 2018. Applications received after this date and time or incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be scheduled to attend interviews and quiz.
- The school’s decision on the offer is final. All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (confirmed / waiting list / not successful) by 31 August 2018.
- For further enquiries, please contact Mr Heng Chong Yong at 6560 5807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule for 2018 DSA Exercise
|Process||Date / Time|
|Application opens||9 May 2018|
|Submission of application and supporting documents||By 2 July 2018|
|Quiz and Interview session||3 August 2018, 2pm – 5 pm
15 August 2018, 2pm – 5pm
|Notification of outcome of application||31 August 2018|